Fiscal Health Monitoring System
Your annual reporting in accordance with Section 7-406(c)b of the General Statutes has moved to the new Fiscal Health Monitoring System (FHMS). Reporting under this new platform is based upon a hybrid approach whereby the mapping of your municipality’s financial data will be significantly reduced as compared to prior years that required municipalities to map/cross-walk their complete general ledger accounts to the Uniform Chart of Accounts (UCOA). Reporting will instead be based primarily upon financial data that is consistent with the format of your audited financial statements. The Annual Financial Data Report (AFDR) is to be completed on an annual basis using the sign-in credentials to FHMS.
FHMS is now available for you to access and begin to complete your annual filings. We will ensure that ample time is provided to you to complete your submissions.
Your annual filings include:
- The Appointment of Auditor Notification
- Submission of the Adopted Budget and Summary Data
- Completion of the Annual Financial Data Report
- Submission of the Municipal Spending Cap Budget
- Audit Report Extension Requests (if applicable)
- Single Audit Exemption Notifications (if applicable)
Job aids and demonstration videos are provided below.
Communications to Municipalities:
CEO CFO Spending Cap Letter - FY2024
Job AidsSubmission of Adopted Budget Data
Submission of Municipal Spending Cap Budget Data
Annual Financial Data Report
- Part I - Financial Indicators Financial Indicators Data Entry Template
- Part II - UCOA UCOA Data Entry Template
- Part III - Pensions Pension Data Entry Template
- Part IV - OPEB OPEB Data Entry Template
- AFDR User Manual
- Common Reporting Errors
Demonstration and Training Videos
FHMS Go Live Video Presentation (5/26/2021)
Completing the Annual Financial Data Report
Audit Report Extension Video - Auditee
State Single Audit Exemption Video
Upcoming Timeline Events
TBD UCOA Reporting (Historical Data)
This webpage will be frequently updated on matters related to the FHMS and AFDR.
If you should have any questions, please contact us at OPM-FHMS@ct.gov