To develop high-level considerations for how to best establish an overall HIE governance framework and structure in CT, the HITO with the support of Health IT Advisory Council agreed to the formation of a time-limited, multi-stakeholder Governance Design Group.
The purpose of this design group is to develop recommendations for the Health IT Advisory Council that address:
- Relationship of Health IT Advisory Council, the State of Connecticut and the HIE entity
- Pros and cons of establishing a new HIE entity or designating an existing entity with recommendations
- Baseline elements of a trust agreement
- Table of contents for HIE Policies & Procedures
- Critical success factors in HIE governance
The Project Charter followed by this group further outlines their work and process, and can be read here.