Schedule and Rules
2023 Schedule and Rules for the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. How to Enter. To enter, families or teams (which must consist of a minimum of two (2) members, with one member 18 years-of-age or older, and one member under the age of 18) (each a "Family/Team" and collectively, "Families/Teams") must complete an official NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023 ("Contest") registration form online at www.NoChildLeftInside.org. Each team member must accept the terms and conditions detailed below, with the Parent(s)/Legal Guardian(s) accepting on behalf of minor(s) under the age of 18. Rolling Registration begins on May 9, 2023 at noon.. Given the nature of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to limit entry in Contest for safety or logistical concerns. Limit one entry per family or household/per Team.
2. How to Play/Win. The Contest's "Eligibility Round" will take place between May 9, 2023 and July 22, 2023 and includes a number of activities, events and programs as described on the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023 listing of activities, events and programs (each an "Activity, Event or Program" and collectively the "Activities, Events or Programs") on the designated dates based on the specific "Activity Description Document", which shall be incorporated by reference herein and will be made available on-line. Each Family/Team will participate in weekly and monthly activities as described. Families/Teams will be required to submit weekly activity cards at in-person events and/or photographs with the Family/Team visible with the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023 signage (in-person events or self-guided activities, events or programs) per the weekly instructions provided. Each Family/Team will be awarded one (1) point for each of the activities, events or programs attended or participated in where activity cards were handed in and/or photographs with the Family/Team visible and the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023 signage provided. Therefore, the maximum cumulative points for each Activity, Event or Program will be 1 point per Family/Team. The first Eligibility Round takes place starting May 13, 2023 and the last Eligibility Round Event takes place on December 31, 2023.
At the conclusion of the Eligibility Round, all Families/Teams that have registered and have completed at least 10 weeks of activities, events or programs included in the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023 will be eligible for a family camping pass. To be eligible to receive a family camping pass for 2 nights in a state campground of their choosing for summer 2024, families/teams must 1) pre-register by July 22, 2023; 2) attend at least 10 events or programs over the course of the 2023 season of the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023; 3) check in at the registration table at each event/program; 4) submit a completed activity card at the end of each event/program attended at the registration table; 5) provide the required documentation that families attended self-guided events or participated in self-guided activities; and 6) submit the required NCLI Families in the Parks Google Form by December 31, 2023.
Please note that each Family/Team(s) needs to complete a minimum of 10 events over the course of 8 months (May through December). Upon completion of the program, but no later than December 31, 2023, Family/Teams must submit their photographs and NCLI Families in the Parks Google Form to receive credit.
All participating Families/Teams must participate in at least 10 weeks of activities, events or programs to receive credit. By entering, all Family/Team members warrant and represent in connection with their participation in the Contest that they: (1) will not engage in any dangerous activities that may be likely to cause personal injury to themselves or others or property damage and (2) will act in a mature and sportsmanlike manner while participating in the Activities.
All Registration Materials in addition to any materials submitted via The No Child Left Inside® web site, the CT DEEP State Parks Facebook page, DEEP Instagram or DEEP State Parks Instagram (ct.deep with hashtag #CTNCLI, #CTNCLI2023 or #CTStateParks or (including any photographs, videos, images, or other intellectual property submitted to the CT Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CT DEEP) by any Team) (collectively, "Additional Materials") become the property of the DEEP, and receipt of Registration Materials and/or Additional Materials will not be acknowledged or returned. The CT DEEP is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled Registration Materials, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic, including without limitation, problems with the web site through which entrants download/submit Registration Materials. Only fully completed Registration Materials are eligible.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of Connecticut. Void outside of Connecticut and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of the CT DEEP and any other organizations involved in the production and/or administration of the Contest, and any such person's immediate family or household members, are not eligible to win prizes. Teams are not eligible to win prizes in the Contest if they are not legal residents of Connecticut. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Prizes. To be eligible to receive a family camping pass for 2 nights in a state campground of their choosing for summer 2024, families/teams must 1) pre-register by July 22, 2023; 2) attend at least 10 events or programs over the course of the 2023 season of the NCLI Families in the Parks Program 2023; 3) check in at the registration table at each event/program; 4) submit a completed activity card at the end of each event/program attended at the registration table; 5) provide the required documentation that families attended self-guided events or participated in self-guided activities; and 6) submit the required NCLI Families in the Parks Google Form by December 31, 2023 (not applicable to DEEP employees and their families). No substitutions or cash redemptions.
5. Notification. Winners will be notified after the program ends (on or before on or before January 15, 2024). The NCLI Families in the Parks Google Form must be submitted by December 31, 2023 at 6 pm. These forms will then be reviewed by DEEP staff. The program ends on December 31, 2023. If any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, or any winner is found to be ineligible, such prize will be forfeited. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents.
6. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Contest and acceptance of prize constitutes each entrant's and each winner's permission for DEEP to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, submission and any statements made by each winner regarding the Contest or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless DEEP, the State of Connecticut, their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Teams who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
7. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one's ability to enter the Contest, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Contest should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor will select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope after January 15, 2024 to the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, c/o State Parks – No Child Left Inside®, 6th Floor, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT 06106.
9. Sponsor. Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection, 79 Elm Street, Hartford, CT
Content updated May 2023