- Talking to your pharmacist.
- Calling the Pharmacy Benefit Customer Call Center toll free at 1-866-409-8430. Lines are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (except holidays).
- Find a drugstore near you that participates in HUSKY
- See if a certain drug or medical item is covered
- Work with your drugstore to help you get your medicine
- Help you with questions or concerns you may have
You cannot get a refill on your medicine until you have used 93% of your prescription. Sometimes, depending on your health, your doctor can ask for special permission for you to get your refill sooner. Your medicines are filled by pharmacies that are enrolled in the CT Medical Assistance Programs. If you will be traveling out of state, let your pharmacy know. They will ask for early refills so you have enough medicine while you are out of the state.
- Early refills due to traveling are available once every six months.
- Be sure to let your provider know in advance when you will be traveling.
- Drugs to treat sexual problems
- Drugs to treat cosmetic conditions
- Drugs to treat obesity
- Experimental drugs
- Fertility drugs
- Free shots from the Department of Public Health
- Drugs that are ineffective