HUSKY Primary Care Program - Services
In HUSKY Primary Care, Connecticut’s Primary Care Case Management program, you and your family members enroll directly with a Primary Care Provider who participates in that option, instead of enrolling with a HUSKY A managed health care plan. The Primary Care Provider and their staff works with you to coordinate all your health care benefits. This is different than enrollment in a managed health care plan, where your benefits are coordinated by the plan with your Primary Care Provider.
Your Primary Care Provider and their staff will help you obtain HUSKY services not only from your provider’s office, but with specialists and other care providers. Below are some of the services you should expect from your Primary Care Provider and/or a care coordinator with your provider’s office:
- Linking you with community resources and services you need
- Scheduling convenient appointments
- Finding medical specialists
- Answering any questions you may have on your medical conditions
- Disease management
- Tips on maintaining good health
If you need a specialist, your Primary Care Provider will help you find and refer you to a provider who participates in Medicaid/Title 19. All hospitals in Connecticut are enrolled. In an emergency, you should go to the nearest hospital.
For a list of participating Primary Care Providers, click on the links below.
- Hartford Area Primary Care Providers
- New Haven Area Primary Care Providers
- Putnam Area Primary Care Providers
- Waterbury Area Primary Care Providers
- Windham Area Primary Care Providers
The links below will explain how you get your other healthcare services
When you are enrolled in HUSKY Primary Care all health services are accessed by using your gray CONNECT Card.
If you have any problems with getting these services, call you Primary Care Provider’s office. If the office is unable to help you, call HUSKY at 1-877-CT-HUSKY (1-877-284-8759).