The HUSKY Health program offers a comprehensive health care benefit package. Basic benefits for all HUSKY Health members include:
- Preventive Care
- Doctor Visits
- Women’s Health Care
- Family Planning Services
- Maternity Care
- Long-term Services and Supports
- Hospital Stays
- Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy/Speech Therapy
- Audiology Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Hearing Aids
- Orthotic and Prosthetic Devices
- Home Health Care
- Hospice Services
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Hospital Outpatient Care
- Laboratory Tests
- X-rays and other Radiology Services
- Vision Care
- Emergency Care
- Dental Services (through CT Dental Health Partnership)
- Behavioral Health Services (through CT Behavioral Health Partnership)
- Pharmacy (medications)
There are some benefits available only to HUSKY A, C and D members. These benefits are:
- Non-emergency transportation to health care appointments
- Smoking cessation services: counseling and medications
- Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis & Treatment (also known as EPSDT): children under 21 can receive medically necessary services even if they are not covered benefits.
There are some limitations to the services listed above for HUSKY B members.
- HUSKY Plus offers additional services for some HUSKY B children who have physical needs beyond what HUSKY B provides.
- HUSKY B members are also responsible for cost-sharing (monthly premiums for members in eligibility Band 2, co-payments and co-insurance) for certain services. Please visit our member page for more information.