To be eligible for burial in the State Veterans Cemetery, the veteran must have the following:
1. Characterization of Discharge:
- Discharge characterization of Honorable; or
- Characterization of General Under Honorable Conditions.
2. Qualifying military service:
- Active duty service other than for training purposes pursuant to 38 U.S.C. 101; or
- At least twenty years of qualifying service pursuant to 10 U.S.C. 1223 in the National Guard or Reserve component of the Armed Forces.
3. Connecticut residency
- Proof of Connecticut residency at time of death, or
- Proof that veteran was a Connecticut resident at the entry into qualifying military service.