To receive veteran’s flag on an existing Connecticut license or identity card, the veteran must submit documentation (DD-214 or pre 1950 WG AGO Discharge certificate) of the following to the DVA:
- Qualifying military service:
- Active federal service, not including initial entry training; or
- Entitled to retirement pay under 10 USC Chapter 1223, as amended from time to time, or, but for age, would be entitled.
- Characterization of Discharge:
- Honorable discharge,
- Discharge under honorable conditions, or
- Discharge due to injuries received in the line of duty.