- Learn more about DRS myconneCT.

- Walk-in services at all DRS branch office locations remain suspended.

- Please check our COVID-19 Response FAQ's

Federally Taxable Social Security

If you received social security benefits and any of those benefits were subject to federal income tax, you may be able to eliminate or reduce the amount of those benefits that are subject to Connecticut income tax by following the instructions for the Social Security Benefit Adjustment Worksheet in Form CT-1040 or Form CT-1040NR/PY.  For specific instructions, see Form CT-1040, Line 42 or Form CT-1040NR/PY, Line 44.

Electronic Filing Options:  If you received federally taxable social security benefits, you may WebFile or e-File your return and still take advantage of the Social Security Benefit Adjustment.