CONNECTICUT DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
2800 BERLIN TURNPIKE P.O. BOX 317546
NEWINGTON CONNECTICUT, 06131-7546
|FOR RELEASE: April 7, 2017||
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS
TELEPHONE: (860) 594-3062
FAX: (860) 594-3065
WEB SITE: www.ct.gov/dot
Nighttime Bridge Maintenance on Rt. 8 in Bridgeport
The Connecticut Department of Transportation is announcing that a nighttime bridge maintenance project will be performed on various bridges on Route 8 Northbound in Bridgeport, through June 30, 2017. Lane closures will be required.
Work hours will be from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., weather permitting. NO work will be done Thursday, April 13, 2017, Sunday April 16, 2017, Sunday May 28, 2017 & Monday, May 29, 2017.
· Bridge 3532-Warren St. & Frontage Rd. Overpass
· Bridge 3534-Warren St. Overpass
· Bridge 3536-South Ave. & Warren St. Overpass
· Bridge 3538-Prospect St. Overpass
· Bridge 3539-Rt.130 (State St) Overpass
· Bridge 3540-John St. Overpass
· Bridge 3541-SR 700 (Fairfield Ave) Overpass
· Bridge 3542-Route 8 Ramp 126 Overpass
· Bridge 3543-Route 8 Ramp 127 Overpass
· Bridge 3547-Catherine St. & Main St. Overpass
· Bridge 3548-Main St. Overpass
· Bridge 3551-Grand St. Overpass
· Bridge 3554-Commerical St. Overpass
· Bridge 3557-Wells St. Overpass
· Bridge 3560-US 1 (North Ave) Overpass
This project is included in the Department of Transportation’s 2017 bridge maintenance program to support state forces with bridge repairs and is being performed by Mohawk Northeast.
LANE CLOSURE INFO
Motorists can expect lane closures on I-95 Northbound and Southbound at Exit 27 & 27A to Exit 4 Rt. 8 Lindley St.
Traffic control personnel and signing patterns will be utilized to guide motorists through the work zone. The regular work schedule for this project is from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. (Sunday through Friday).
Motorists should be aware that modifications or extensions to this schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving in this vicinity.