Suicide Prevention Resources
DMHAS Crisis Intervention Services:
Infoline Crisis Services:
Call Infoline by dialing 2-1-1 from anywhere in Connecticut. You will speak to a caseworker who can help make it easier for you to find information, discover options or deal with a crisis. Infoline is certified by the American Association of Suicidology.
Other Support Services:
- The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill - Connecticut (NAMI of CT)
NAMI of CT is a statewide organization for the families and friends of persons who have a psychiatric disability. Its activities include support, education and information, and advocacy.
- The Connecticut Mental Health Association
Ph: 800-842-1501 or 860-529-1970
The Connecticut Mental Health Association is dedicated to the promotion of mental health, prevention of mental illness, and improved care and treatment of persons with mental illness.
Prevent Suicide CT 1-800-273-8255
American Association of Suicidology- AAS run suicide support centers across the whole of the USA. Lists emergency numbers for their centers.
- Parents of Suicides- An email support group for any parents who have lost a child to suicide, and memorials to these children.
- Survivors of Suicide- Time heals all wounds is not necessarily true for survivors of suicide. Time is necessary for healing, but time is not enough. Shared feelings enrich and lead to growth and healing. Online Support group for survivors of suicide.
- Suicide Prevention and Post-Suicide Coping Resources (SAMSHA)