Suicide Prevention Resources
Infoline Crisis Services:
Call Infoline by dialing 2-1-1 from anywhere in Connecticut. You will speak to a caseworker who can help make it easier for you to find information, discover options or deal with a crisis. Infoline is certified by the American Association of Suicidology.
Other Support Services:
- The National Alliance for the Mentally Ill - Connecticut (NAMI of CT)
NAMI of CT is a statewide organization for the families and friends of persons who have a psychiatric disability. Its activities include support, education and information, and advocacy.
- The Connecticut Mental Health Association
Ph: 800-842-1501 or 860-529-1970
The Connecticut Mental Health Association is dedicated to the promotion of mental health, prevention of mental illness, and improved care and treatment of persons with mental illness.
Prevent Suicide CT 1-800-273-8255
Infoline - Facts and Fables About Suicide
Suicide - Comprehensive guide to understanding suicide provided by Mental Help Net.
Living Matters - Youth Suicide Resources- Bev Cobain's information about child, teen, and adolescent (youth) depression, bipolar illness, youth suicide prevention, intervention, and training workshops.
American Association of Suicidology- AAS run suicide support centers across the whole of the USA. Lists emergency numbers for their centers.
- Parents of Suicides- An email support group for any parents who have lost a child to suicide, and memorials to these children.
- Suicide Discussion Board- Discussion site for those whose lives have been affected by suicide. Emphases on the impact of suicide on friends, family and society, prevention, and solutions.
- Healing After Loss- Peer support for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- Survivors of Suicide- Time heals all wounds is not necessarily true for survivors of suicide. Time is necessary for healing, but time is not enough. Shared feelings enrich and lead to growth and healing. Online Support group for survivors of suicide.
- Suicide.com- Offers hope through stories of people who have been there, discussion boards, help lines, and help chats.
- Suicide Fast Facts