Programs and Services for LGBTQIA+ Individuals with Mental Health and/or Substance Use Disorders
DMHAS supports people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning, asexual, intersex (LGBTQIA+) and their allies. Our goal is to create a safe, inclusive environment throughout the DMHAS continuum of care, as well as in our contracted behavioral health and recovery agencies.
Allies of LGBTQIA+ people are an important part of the mission of the LGBTQIA+ community and we welcome their support!
LGBTQIA+ Trainings for DMHAS Staff & Providers
- Click here to learn about and register for upcoming LGBTQIA+ training series offerings
- Five webinars are available in the Workforce Development LMS training library. These are 1-1.5hour, pre-recorded, web-based trainings facilitated by LGBTQIA+ content experts. These trainings provide essential information regarding inclusive best practices when working with the LGBTQIA+ population, and are designed to allow individuals the flexibility to participate at their convenience. You can access information on how to access these trainings here: LMS Web-Based LGBTQIA+ Trainings. Please see below for the list of available webinars include:
- Introduction to Gender Affirming Clinical Practice
- Introduction to Clinical Practice with LGBTQ+ Clients
- Embrace the Rainbow: Working at the Intersection of LGBTQ+ Identity and Trauma
- The Importance of Family Acceptance in the Lives of LGBTQIA2+ People
- Gender and Life – Affirming Medicine: Providing Primary and Specialty Health Care for Trans Patients
- The Law and LGBTQIA+ Considerations (1.5 CECs) - Tuesday, June 13, 2023, 9am to 10:30am
To learn about and register for this PRIDE month event please click here.
Additional LGBTQIA+ Trainings/Educational Opportunities