Human Resource Division
Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program
The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) is an eligible employer for nursing students and registered nurses interested in applying for federal education funds through Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program-repays 60% of student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment of full-time employment. An extension for a third year may be requested in exchange for an additional 25% repayment. This program is available for nurses graduating from a registered nursing program. More information and a full description of requirements is available at https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/449.
Eligible Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) facilities which as Disproportionate Share Hospitals receive first funding preference:
- Connecticut Mental Health Center, located in New Haven, CT
- Connecticut Valley Hospital:
- Main Campus, Middletown, CT
- Blue Hills Hospital, located in Hartford, CT
Southwest Connecticut Mental Health System:
- Greater Bridgeport Mental Health Center, located in Bridgeport
- F.S. Dubois Center, located in Stamford
Application forms may be submitted to:
- CVH: Robert Paolitto, 860-262-5867 or Robert.Paolitto@ct.gov
- CMHC: Donna Zwilling, 203-974-7637 or Donna.Zwilling@ct.gov
- SWCTMHS: Irena Baj-Wright, 860-262-5907 or Irena.Baj-Wright@ct.gov
Return to . . .