TARGETED CASE MANAGEMENT (TCM)
Managed Services Division
Targeted Case Management (TCM)
Colleen Harrington, LCSW, MBA, Director (860) 418-6626
Carleen Zambetti, LPC, LADC, Clinical Manager, (860) 418-6979
Frederic Morton, MPH, Program Manager, (860) 418-6609
Random Moment Time Study Contact: Ryan Grealis, (860) 418-6894
Billing Contact: Lauren Staiger, (860) 418-6617
Targeted Case Management (TCM) is a set of Medicaid-reimbursable services provided to a Target Population that helps our clients gain access to needed medical, clinical, social and educational services to improve the quality of their lives.
In Connecticut, the TCM target population is defined as “individuals age 18 and older with serious and chronic mental illness inclusive of individuals with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental illness.”
TCM services include the following:
- Comprehensive assessment at admission and periodic assessment of needs to assist individuals in gaining access to needed medical, social, educational and other services, including coordinating a plan of services, reviewing services and activities to ensure that the plan continues to meet the wants and needs of the individual.
- Referral and related activities to help the individual obtain needed services such as linking the individual with providers and other agencies to obtain services which addresses the individual’s needs and helps them achieve the goals documented in their recovery plan.
- Advocate for an individual to gain access to obtaining something they desire and eliminating barriers.
- Monitoring activities, contacts and progress to insure the care plan is adequately implemented and meets the individual’s needs.
- Planning with an individual on any specific aspect of their goals and needs, or by participating in a treatment planning conference with an individual, the individual’s other providers and any natural supports.
TCM services are provided by over 50 DMHAS state operated and DMHAS affiliate agencies in the state of Connecticut. Qualified Providers must have training, experience and expertise working with their target population. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) requires staff persons in these programs to be randomly sampled on activities staff perform to determine the percentage of staff time spent on the delivery of TCM services through the Random Moment Time Study.
|Time Study Quarter||Calendar Entry/Edit Deadline|
|Q1: July 1- Sept 30||June 10|
|Q2: Oct 1 - Dec 31||Sept 10|
|Q3: Jan 1 - March 31||Dec 10|
|Q4: April 1 - June 30||March 10|
DMHAS has identified the following levels of care (LOC) for which TCM are expected:
- Assertive Community Treatment
- MH Residential Support
- Community Support Programs
- MH Supervised Apartments
- MH Case Management
- MH Supportive Housing
- MH Intensive Residential
- MH Transitional Housing