Certification and Training For Solid Waste Facility (SWF) Operators
- Everyone MUST register individually for certification credit.
- Each registrant will receive a confirmation email with a unique link to join the training. This link should not be shared with others.
- Everyone seeking certification must also fill out & submit a Certification Application Form (see below). Once filled out, please return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This training session will only cover information from Module 4, followed by the certification exam. Applicants must watch Modules 1-3 prior to joining this session. This can be done on the same morning of the online training, or prior. But you must schedule time to watch the recordings of Modules 1-3. Allow a minimum of 3.5 hours (with no breaks) to watch Modules 1-3.
- Links to these recorded modules and further instruction relevant to the online session can be found HERE.
Carey Hurlburt has retired! Please contact Paula Guerrera, at Paula.Guerrera@ct.gov, for all certification & training inquiries. RENEWAL CERTIFICATES: Operators who are currently certified no longer need to re-attend the certification class for a renewal certificate. For renewals, simply submit a certification application form (below) requesting renewal within 6 months of your expiration date on your certificate. Sections 22a-209-6 and 22a-231-1 of the Connecticut Solid Waste Management Regulations requires the certification and training for operators of all solid waste facilities that are permitted or authorized by the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEEP). Operators of Connecticut landfills, transfer stations, volume reduction facilities, resources recovery facilities, recycling facilities (MRFs/IPCs) and general permitted facilities must take a virtual training classes and take an examination to obtain DEEP certification. A certification application form must be completed and an operator must pre-register for the next available virtual class.