Educator workshops are open to anyone, held at convenient times, and are offered at a nominal charge. Through PLT workshops, you can:
- Learn how to incorporate PLT activities into your current and future lesson plans and curriculum.
- Meet other professionals in your area interested in environmental education.
- Become part of a network that offers you follow-up resources and opportunities.
- Learn about environmental education.
Full day workshops are $40 per participant. A $5 discount will be provided per person when two or more individuals attend from the same school or organization.
Thanks to a grant from the Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) in the Spring of 2009 Connecticut was able to correlate Project Learning Tree to the Connecticut standards in science, mathematics, language arts, and social studies.
- Carol Aksterowicz, Grade 8 Science Teacher, Cromwell Middle School – Cromwell, CT (Science)
- Diana Rafferty, Grade 3-5 Reading Teacher, Reading Consultant and Facilitator, Woodside Intermediate School – Cromwell, CT (Language Arts)
- Patricia Salafia, Grades 7-8 Language Arts and Social Studies Teacher – Cromwell Middle School, Cromwell, CT (Social Studies)
- Diane Villano, Grade 7 Pre-Algebra and Mathematics Teacher – Cromwell Middle School, Cromwell, CT (Mathematics)
If you are interested in hosting a PLT workshop at your formal or non-formal location please send an email to Kristen Bellantuono.