Plan Your Visit
Open Outside, Closed Inside
For the health and safety of our visitors and staff, we are keeping the interior spaces of the museum closed at least through the rest of 2020. We feel this is the best decision given the small rooms and poor ventilation in both the Whitfield House and the Visitor Center – not to mention the suffocating feeling of wearing a face mask in these spaces with no air conditioning.
While the inside is closed, the outside is wide open!
In addition to seeing the historic buildings in person, we encourage you to enjoy the museum grounds with their sweeping lawns and stone walls. Please maintain a safe physical distance from other visitors.
- Explore the site’s history through interpretive signs with photos and links to online material
- Pick up a scavenger hunt at the parking lot kiosk, puzzle out the clues, and submit your answers for a chance to win a prize
- Figure out the three Visitor Center “What Is It?” window displays
- Walk the short Whitfield spur of the New England Trail
- Picnic, play catch, read, paint, etc. – there are over 8 acres of shady and sunny spots to enjoy!
248 Old Whitfield Street
Guilford, CT 06437
- free parking
- 1/2-mile south of the Guilford Green
- 1/4-mile north of the Guilford Train Station
Learn more about the museum and the surrounding area at CTvisit.com.