We know many Connecticut businesses are struggling as they deal with the effects of COVID-19. We appreciate their perseverance and know they share our commitment to keeping our residents healthy. The state, working with its federal partners, has several programs and initiatives in place to assist businesses during this difficult period. For specific questions related to small business, email the Joint Information Center at COVID19.JIC@ct.gov, or call the DECD small business hotline at 860-500-2333. Individuals can call 2-1-1 for more information.




If you are planning a production in Connecticut, make the Office of Film, TV & Digital Media your first point of contact. We can connect you to the right resources — both at the state and local levels.

Keep in mind that permits are required for the use of state roads and highways, state parks and properties, railways, rail stations, maritime/ports and for many of Connecticut's 169 cities and towns.

How to Apply

Click here for the State Film Permit Application.

For questions about what other permits may be required for your shoot and how to apply for these permits, contact Mark Dixon, Production & Location Services, at the Office of Film, Television & Digital Media at (860) 500-2318 or mark.dixon@ct.gov. We will also be able to assist your production in obtaining the needed permits and permissions from the state’s 169 municipalities.

The cities and towns that have their own permits are listed below.

Municipal Film Permits and Contacts

John McCahill
Planning & Community Development Specialist, Zoning Enforcement Officer
Phone: (860) 409-4328
Email: jmccahill@town.avon.ct.us
Permit Application Form

Jenny Watrous
First Selectman’s Office — Administrative Assistant
Phone: (860) 526-0013, ext. 202
Email: JennyWatrous@chesterct.org

Kathleen Clarke Buch
Town Administrator
Phone: (203) 656-7378
Email: kbuch@darienct.gov
Forms & Permits

Adair W. Heitmann
Community & Economic Development Specialist
Phone: (203) 256-3121
Email: aheitmann@fairfieldct.org

Location Permits

Dept. of Environmental Services
Phone: (203) 622-7838
Film Permits

Kyle Shiel
Senior Planner, Planning and Economic Development Dept.
Phone: (860) 647-3042
Email: KShiel@manchesterct.org

New Canaan
Tom Stadler
Administrative Officer for Permit Application
Phone: (203) 594- 3002
Email: Tom.Stadler@newcanaanct.gov

New Haven
Kim Futrell
Community Outreach Coordinator, Department of Arts, Culture & Tourism
Phone: (203) 946-7172
Email: kfutrell@newhavenct.gov
Permitting Process 

Yale University
Denise Castellano
Manager Trademark Licensing
Phone: (203) 424-2313
Cell: (203) 606-2206
Email: denise.castellano@yale.edu
Film Application

Irene Dixon
Assistant City Clerk
Phone: (203) 854-7704
Email: idixon@norwalkct.org
Applications & Permits

Frank Fedeli, City of Stamford
Phone: (203) 977-5858
Email: ffedeli@stamfordCT.gov
Film Permit

Mary Dean
Director of Economic Development, Town of Stratford
Phone: (203) 381-1351
Email: mdean@townofstratford.com
Film Permit Application

West Hartford 
Renee B McCue
Public Relations Specialist, Dept. of Community Services 
Phone: (860) 561-7521
Email: renee@westhartford.org

Eileen Francis
Office Manager, Selectman’s Office
Phone: (203) 341-1111
Email: efrancis@westportct.org

Municipal Film Commissions

New Milford Film Commission
Valerie Lorimer, Chair
Phone: (203) 885-4148
Email: filmnewmilford@gmail.com

Southbury Film Council
Joel Wald, Chair
Phone: (203) 912-3266
Email: Joel.wald@gmail.com