Important Update (as of 3/27)
Please note that DECD is not accepting applications for the Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program at this time. For those that have already submitted an application, additional documentation can be sent within seven days of submittal. Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
We encourage businesses seeking financial assistance dealing with the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic to consider the following resources:
- SBA disaster assistance loans
- Federal stimulus - Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Important state initiatives can be found on the coronavirus website.
Please know that DECD staff will continue to assist clients in need and connect them with the other state and federal resources that are currently available. Inquiries should be sent to DECD.COVID19@ct.gov.
To provide emergency cash flow relief to small businesses and nonprofits negatively impacted by the coronavirus, Connecticut is now offering qualifying organizations with 100 or fewer employees access to no-interest loans.
Under the Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan program, a qualifying business or nonprofit organization can apply for a loan of up to $75,000 or three months of operating expenses (whichever is lesser).
This $25 million short-term emergency loan program is administered by the Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) and expedited with the administrative and underwriting support of Connecticut Innovations.
To be considered for this program, your business or nonprofit must:
- Have no more than 100 employees
- Be in good standing with the Department of Revenue Services (DRS) & DECD
- Have been profitable prior to March 10, 2020— with no adverse personal credit reports 60 days past due the past six months
- Not be involved in real estate, multi-level marketing, adult entertainment, cannabis or firearms; nor be a state elected public official or state employee
Terms & Conditions
- Loan maximum of (a) $75,000 or (b) three months operating expenses, whichever is less
- 0% interest rate
- 12-month term, with 6-month extension available per request
- Freely pre-payable
- Working capital loan
- Personal guarantee and credit score required
How to Apply
Please note that DECD is not accepting applications for the Connecticut Recovery Bridge Loan Program at this time.
The following information will also be required:
- Project Financing Plan & Budget
- 2019 Income Statement (or) Profit and Loss Statement
- Internal Financial Statements (YTD)
- 3-month projected cash flow, demonstrating need
- Summary of adverse economic impact resulting from COVID-19
- Recent credit score report
- Applicant Structure Documents
- Personal Financial Statement
- Ownership Breakdown
- DRS Letter of Good Standing
Upon completing the application and obtaining the required documentation, organizations can submit the required information online, via the email previously provided.
After the underwriting and due diligence process, if your loan application is approved DECD will:
- Issue a Letter of Intent, outlining the loan amount and terms
- Work with you to execute a Standard Assistance Agreement
- Ask you to complete ACH paperwork so that funds can be transferred by wire.
For details on the application process, please:
For additional information or questions, contact the Express Hotline at (860) 500-2333.