Addendum B – Eligible Entertainment BusinessesThe following entertainment-related businesses, as defined by the North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) numbers, if located in a Targeted Investment Community (TIC) with a CT DECD-designated Entertainment District, may be eligible for Enterprise Zone-level benefits (CGS Sec. 32-76).
Enterprise Zone-level benefits may be applied to any such eligible entertainment business project anywhere within the municipality, and is not limited to the boundaries of the designated district.
334220 Radio and Television Broadcasting and Wireless Communications Equipment
335129 Other Lighting Equipment Manufacturing
339999 Stage Hardware and Equipment, except Lighting Equipment
515111 Radio Networks
515112 Radio Stations
515120 Television Broadcasting
515210 Cable and Other Pay Subscription Programming
517510 Cable and Other Program Distribution
423410 Photographic Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers (Restricted to the entertainment industry)
448150 Clothing Accessories Stores (Restricted to the Sale of Dancewear and Theatrical Costumes for Commercial Use)
GENERAL SERVICES RELATED TO THE ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY:
323114 Quick Printing
512110 Motion Picture and Video Production
512120 Motion Picture and Video Distribution
512191 Teleproduction and Other Postproduction Services
541430 Graphic Design Services
541840 Media Representatives
611610 Fine Arts Schools (Restricted to professional dance schools)
711310 Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports ands Similar Events with Facilities (Restricted to studios and offices of such producers and services)
711320 Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports and Similar Events without Facilities (Restricted to studios and offices of such producers and services)
711510 Independent Artists, Writers and Performers (Restricted to rehearsal spaces, performance spaces, studios, theaters and offices)
- This list is meant for reference only.
- The majority of revenues of an applicant must be derived from eligible entertainment business activities.
- The listed businesses may qualify as manufacturing facilities for the purpose of receiving Enterprise Zone-level benefits upon completion of an eligible business project.
- Eligibility is not limited to this list. Per State of Connecticut Regulation Sec 32-76-2, any business not on this list that wishes to be considered for eligibility must submit a letter to the DECD commissioner indicating how they meet the definition of an entertainment-related business for the purpose of this program.
- Specifically excluded are the following:
- entertainment provided by or shown at a gambling or gaming facility, or
- a facility whose primary business is the sale or serving of alcoholic beverages;
- retail establishments serving the general public; or
- businesses operating in a residential zone.