Connecticut remains passionate about its commitment to supporting digital media innovation. From ESPN and NBC Sports Group to Blue Sky Studios and other digital animation pioneers, the state is home to hundreds of production and post-production facilities, studios, game designers, software developers and more. Just as important, the skills and services you need are close at hand in a compact network.
In 2006, the Connecticut General Assembly passed significant tax credits for companies incurring eligible film, TV and digital media production expenses in Connecticut. Here are just a few of the technical support services available to digital media and film companies.
- Comprehensive production support. Connecticut has a dedicated Film, TV & Digital Media office, offering a production directory, an online location library, and help find talent, crew and other resources.
- Streamlined permitting process. Find the information and assistance to get the permission you need to get your production underway.
- Tax-friendly productions. Connecticut offers a variety of tax credits to incentivize filmmakers to choose to make their productions here.
- Fast access to New York. Our location allows you to tap into the rich production and entertainment resources of New York City, just a short drive or train ride away.
The State of Connecticut offers extensive resources for digital media and film companies of all types and sizes. For full information regarding producing in Connecticut, visit the Film & Digital Media section of CT.gov.
INITIATE/ACCELERATE A PROJECT
- Connecticut Production Resource Directory
- Department of Transportation Filming Permit
- Requirements for Performers
FIND TAX INCENTIVES
- Digital Animation & Film Tax Credit
- Film Infrastructure Tax Credit
- Digital Media & Motion Picture Tax Credits
- Property Tax Exemption
- Sales Tax Exemptions
- Hotel Tax Exemption
FIND PRODUCTION JOBS
Just a few of our key film, television and digital media leaders highlighted below:
For more information on the advantages of relocating or growing your Film, Television or Digital Media business here in Connecticut, please contact Ed Ruggiero at (860) 500-2411, or email Ed.Ruggiero@ct.gov.