DDS Job Fair for
Developmental Services Worker 1 Staff with 17.5 Hours Weekly Assignments
February 13, 2020
The State of Connecticut Department of Developmental Services (DDS), the Office of Labor Relations, and the New England Health Care Employees Union District 1199 finalized a Stipulated Agreement that allows for internal job fairs for certain direct care staff, through June 30, 2022. The next Job Fair will be held on Thursday, February 13, 2020 at the SEIU Healthcare 1199 New England Headquarters located at 77 Huyshope Avenue, Hartford, CT 06106. Please check back often for additional information and updates regarding the Job Fair.
- Four staff with 17.5 hour weekly assignments have been impacted by the announced closure of the Salmon Brook CLA. As a result, these four staff will participate in the job fair. They will select new permanent assignments before any other staff.
- The deadline for other permanent staff with permanent assignments to opt-in to the job fair has been extended to Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. Please use the opt-in form that was mailed to you or get the “Opt-In Election Form” below.
- Staff hired on January 17, 2020 must participate in the job fair.
- The Opportunities Listing is being updated, and will include changes/additions to schedules at LFC and the addition of schedules at Respite Centers (this includes re-numbering of the opportunities).
- Job Fair Start Time is 10:00 a.m. for the four staff from the Salmon Brook CLA and Opt-In Staff.
- Job Fair Start Time is 1:00 p.m. for permanent staff with temporary assignments (New Hires through 1/17/20).
- Per the notices sent to each staff: If your regular work schedule conflicts with the Job Fair, you will be granted release time to attend. If the Job Fair occurs outside of your regular work schedule, you are expected to attend on your own time.
Opportunities – Organized by Location
Public Programs - Opportunities Listing
DDS Home Descriptors, 2.5.20