About Health and Dental Services
The Health and Dental Services Division strives to assure the health and wellness of each person served by the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) through sound health promotion and disease prevention practices:
These practices include but are not limited to:
- Assisting individuals in reaching their optimal health status and to actualize personal goals.
- Developing and implementing policies and procedures, best practice standards and guidelines that incorporate current standards of practice in the health fields of medicine, nursing, dietary, dentistry, psychology and physical, occupational, and speech therapies.
- Promotion of disease prevention, early detection, health screening activities as well as appropriate assessment and management of chronic disease, medication management and education for individuals, families and support staff.
- Disseminating health related information.
- Participating in health related research and educational endeavors.