ARPA DDS Engagement Transformational Committee
Goals and Responsibilities
Charge: The DDS Engagement transformational committee is charged with developing consistent communication and reviewing creative options for DDS staff to be able to discuss potential transformational changes with private providers, individuals, Families and guardians that can provide an individual with independence and freedom of choice.
The Committee will review options and ideas provided by the ARPA leadership group to review, discuss, and provide detailed feedback that should incorporate recommendations and suggestions for revisions, improvements, changes, and reasons for such changes. Pros and cons of each option provided should also be discussed in the Committee meetings.
Options for review may include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the department in promoting the various opportunities that are available in Day and Residential programs for individuals, including the advances in assistive technology to assist individuals to become more independent in their communities and to assist and educate the provider community on the benefits of moving individuals to alternative residential and day options.
- Input on the financial incentives for providers to promote movement out of both day and residential support options to a more independent alternative integrated and efficient setting that promote independence and freedom of choice.
- Work with consultants and the department to discuss, promote and emphasize the importance of participation in the provider transformational plans and how individuals can provide input into these plans.
- Provide expertise, knowledge, and participation in the development and execution of educational forums and other media forums to assist with providing information access to individuals, guardians, families, providers, and others on the various day and residential supports that are available.
- Provide discussion and direction to the department on future options of group day and residential placements and to ensure consistency in individualized, person-centered options within day and residential programs.
- Provide assistance and advice to the department on individual’s choice if placement is unsuccessful and the provision of a safety net for the individual and/or other options available to the individual and the family.
Committee Chairs Responsibilities
- Follow order of business for meeting
- Call meeting to order on time
- Review of minutes
- Discuss and resolve agenda items
- New Business
- End meeting on time
- Set meetings remotely at a time that is convenient to most members
- Make sure adequate minutes are kept of each meeting and that they are distributed to each committee member. Meetings may also be recorded in lieu of meeting meetings.
- Keep discussions on track, restate issue and the goal of discussion if necessary
- Keep group focused on central question and moving toward a decision
- Seek consensus
- Close meeting noting achievements and if all subjects have been covered Committee Chairs should document summary of recommendations and next steps after each meeting and share with Committee members.
Committee Member Responsibilities
- Study agenda prior to meeting
- Stick to the agenda. Discuss new business only at appropriate times
- Keep replies short and to the point
- Sum up remarks of a lengthy discussion
- Make comments at appropriate time if you disagree with speaker
Public Meeting Requirements for all Committee Meetings
Pursuant to state law, all committee meetings are considered public. To that end the following steps must be followed for each meeting:
- Notice of the meeting date, time and link to meeting must be posted on DDS website 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- Agenda for the meeting must be posted on the DDS website 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Committee Chairs should email email@example.com to post notice and agenda for all meetings. All meetings should be recorded
- The public should be able to access the meeting through the posted web link. Public Comment/ participation is not an option at these meetings.
Marina Derman, DDS Engagement
Yana Razumnaya, DDS Engagement
Sherri Knightly, DDS Engagement
Claudine Testani, DDS Engagement
Wayne Seidel, DDS Engagement
Shanon McCormick, DDS Engagement
Dawn DeMatteo, DDS Engagement
Princess Russell-Raynor, DDS Engagement- Co Chair
Crescentino Secchiaroli, DDS Engagement- Co Chair