Electrical License Application Path - Journeyperson
APPLYING FOR AN “ELECTRICAL JOURNEYPERSON” OCCUPATIONAL LICENSE
Refer to Scope of License to determine proper license applying for
Please attach the following documents to your application that are required to process and expedite your application. Applications submitted without the required documents will be returned as incomplete, which will delay the finalization of your application.
CT Residents Applying for a Journeyperson License
- Submit a copy of your current CT Registered Apprenticeship Card along with your original certificate of completion of the apprenticeship program as issued by the CT Department of Labor Apprenticeship Division. Completion certificates are only issued after your employer submits an AT-22 form to the CT Department of Labor Apprenticeship Division.
- If you were never registered with the CT Department of Labor into the apprenticeship program, please provide notarized letters from your employers explaining the dates and duties that you had with that employer. Provide proof of schooling (related instruction) as per the following chart. See Exhibit “A” and Special Note 2 and 3. DO NOT submit or include any W-2’s, 1099’s or tax returns
Out of State Residents Applying for a CT Journeypersons License
Applicants who hold a “Out of State” Electrical Journeypersons License(s) shall:
- Submit a copy of each out of state electrical journeyperson license that you currently have.
- Include a notarized/certified letter from each state indicating that you are in good standing with the issuing board and the date that the license was initially issued.
- If you hold licenses in multiple states, provide proof of at least one of those states requirements that meet or exceed those indicated in the chart below.
- If you were registered with the Department of Labor Apprenticeship program in another State, please provide the certificate of completion from that state, and notarized letters from your employers explaining the dates and duties and total hours worked that you had with those employers to comply with the chart below.
|License type:||Apprentice On-the-Job Training (OJT)||Classroom hours:|
For additional information regarding these requirements, please visit the CT Dept. of Labor Apprenticeship Division website at https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/appren/WorkSchedules/apptoc1.htm
For additional information on required on the job training hours and related instruction, visit the Dept. of Labor Apprenticeship Division website at www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/appren/appren.htm
- For applicants providing proof of experience and training documentation from other countries, all documents must be submitted, notarized and translated into the English language for consideration.
- Please refer to Exhibit “A” for all apprenticeship related instruction courses required for each type of license offered. For detailed content of each course, please contact the Connecticut State Department of Education, Vocational - Technical School System.
- To provide proof of equivalent related instruction, certification/notarized statements from an educational curriculum subject matter expert needs to be submitted indicating that all courses that you have taken are equivalent to those in Exhibit “A”.