Electrical Journeyperson - Equivalent Experience and Training
Refer to Scope of License to determine proper license applying for.
To meet this requirement, you must be able to prove that you completed the number of classroom hours AND on the job training hours for the license type you are applying for.
Example: If you are applying for the E-2 license, proof of 720 classroom hours and 8,000 hours of the job training is required.
REFER TO THE CHART BELOW FOR HOURS REQUIRED:
|Apprentice On-the-Job Training (OJT)
For additional information regarding these requirements, please visit the CT Dept. of Labor Apprenticeship Division website at https://www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/appren/WorkSchedules/apptoc1.htm
For additional information on required on the job training hours and related instruction, visit the Dept. of Labor Apprenticeship Division website at www.ctdol.state.ct.us/progsupt/appren/appren.htm
- Classroom hours MUST be equivalent to classes listed in Exhibit A. EXHIBIT A – REQUIRED COURSES FOR ELECTRICAL LICENSE TYPES
- Continuing education certificates and manufacturer certificates do not meet these criteria and will not be considered.
- Degrees earned/classes completed that are not equivalent do not meet these criteria and will not be considered.
- Classroom hours are required. On the job training and work experience will not be considered in lieu of the classroom requirement.
If you meet the equivalent classroom hours, curriculum, and on the job training requirement, submit the following documents:
1. Transcripts, degrees, and diplomas
NOTE: Classroom hours must equal the same number of hours AND have an equivalent curriculum and
course content as those listed in EXHIBIT A.
2. Notarized letters from current or previous employers.
NOTE: These letters must include dates of employment as well as a specific, detailed description of
work experiences including all aspects of the scope of work.
NOTE: Payroll records, W-2’s, or tax returns will not be accepted.
NOTE: Letters MUST be notarized. Letters that are not notarized will not be accepted.
3. Out of state completion certificate, if applicable.
NOTE: Submit apprenticeship completion certificate and documentation including classroom
and on the job training hours required to complete apprenticeship.
IF YOU CANNOT PROVE THAT YOU COMPLETED THE REQUIRED NUMBER OF CLASSROOM HOURS, CURRICULUM, AND ON THE JOB TRAINING, YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE APPROVED BASED ON THIS REQUIREMENT.
APPLICATION FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE.