Controlled Substance Practitioner Registration
This registration permits practitioners to distribute, dispense, conduct research, administer, or procure controlled substances in the course of their professional practice as permitted by the Department of Public Health or other governing agency.
Practitioners include but are not limited to:
Medical Doctors (MD)
Dentists (DDS, DMD)
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN)
Physician Assistants (PA)
An individual applying for this registration MUST have a valid active registration with the Department of Public Health.
No additional documentation is required unless you have been convicted of a felony or have had your license surrendered, revoked, suspended, limited, denied or if any such action is pending.
- Initial Application Fee- $40
- Renewal Application Fee- $40 (Biennial expiration on February 28th of every odd-numbered year) Renewal Information
- To reinstate an expired registration click here
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration will be required after obtaining the Controlled Substance Registration for Practitioners. The application can be found here: www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Verify a license/track your application
- January 2014 - Notification Letter to Practitioners of Requirements Concerning the Prescription Monitoring and Reporting System (CPMRS)
Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection
License Services Division
450 Columbus Blvd, Ste. 801
Hartford, CT 06103