To protect the health and safety of the public and our employees, DCP has limited on-site staffing at 450 Columbus Blvd. While mail and phone calls will be processed as quickly as possible, we recommend using our online services, or sending an email to the appropriate division/person instead. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Food Safety Classes for Cottage Food Operators

Before you may apply for a cottage food license, you must complete a ServSafe Food Handler course.  The Food Manager is NOT required but is acceptable should you choose to take it.

Approved Courses include:

  • ServSafe (Online and instructor led course listings)
  • Connecticut Restaurant Association
  • Prometric (formerly Thomson Prometric, Experior Assessments, National Assessment Institute, Chauncey, and Educational Testing Service) Phone:  1-800-624-2736 (Food Safety Customer Service) Website:
  • 360training.comĀ® Phone:  1-888-360-8764 Contact:  Website:  

These are the only approved courses at this time.  A copy of your certification must be provided at the time of your application.  If you have questions, concerns, or clarifications, please contact us by emailing