Search Department of Consumer Protection Filtered Topic Search


The handling and disturbance of Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) is subject to various state and federal regulations. These regulations detail requirements for licensing of asbestos abatement contractors and consultants, abatement work practices, and criteria for determining when asbestos abatement has been properly completed.

A contractor who performs asbestos removal must have a license from the Department of Public Health.   Phone:(860) 509-7367

The Department of Public Health also offers homeowners important information regarding asbestos in the home.  Call (860) 509-7367.