Programs and Services:
- Gaming Revenue & Statistics
- Tribal State Gaming Compacts
- Legalized Gambling History
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Establish and enforce regulations and procedures that assure the public that gaming is conducted honestly and fairly.
- License only suitable individuals, organizations and vendors of equipment and services to participate in the gaming industry in the State of Connecticut.
- Provide due process for those individuals who are denied gaming licenses or whose gaming licenses are revoked.
- Ensure the integrity of games through thorough testing of wagering systems and related equipment, including telecommunication protocols and standards.
- Conduct a periodic study on the effect of legalized gambling on the citizens of Connecticut.
- Prohibit minors from attending or participating in any legalized gambling venue within the State of Connecticut pursuant to state law.
- Support efforts to create public awareness of prevention, education and treatment for the chronic gambler.
Gaming Division Investigators are POSTC certified Police Officers.
The Gaming Division maintains a uniform policy to accept, process, investigate and resolve complaints from members of the public relating to alleged misconduct or malfeasance committed by our Investigators. Our Complaint Policy is available here. Complaint forms in English are available here. Complaint forms in Spanish are available here. Complaint forms are also available from the street level Security Desk at 450 Columbus Boulevard, Hartford, CT.