Welcome to the Office of Grants Administration.
The HVAC Indoor Air Quality Grants for Public Schools will be offered again in the summer. Please check back here for updates and new information on the grant program.
School Construction Resource LinksSchool Construction Resources
School Construction Forms
School Building Project Advisory Council
School Safety Infrastructure Council (repealed by PA 22-118)
Grants for Energy Improvements at Public School Facilities
The U.S. Department of Energy recently announced more than $80M, the first tranche of funding in a $500M investment, to make clean energy improvements in K-12 public schools. Efficient and Healthy Schools
The Efficient and Healthy Schools campaign is an interagency effort between DOE, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Department of Education that provides recognition and technical assistance to school districts seeking to implement high-impact indoor air quality and efficiency improvements that will reduce energy bills and improve student and teacher health.
The Auditors of Public Accounts:
The Auditors of Public Accounts provide independent, unbiased and objective opinions and recommendations on the operations of state government and the protection against waste, fraud, and abuse. As the state’s important fiscal watchdogs, the Auditors of Public Accounts serve the legislature, the public and the media to inform them of areas of concern in state government.
If you have concerns about procurement, contracting, or business practices of the Office of Grants Administration process, the email address for the Auditors of Public Accounts is email@example.com and the phone number is (959) 710-5600.
The Grant Office:
- Processes and evaluates school construction grant applications
- Prepares the annual School Construction Priority List
- Issues State grant commitments
- Monitors and tracks school construction project documentation, data and approvals
- Processes payment requests and calculates grants
The Plan Review Office:
- Determines adequacy of proposed new school facility sites
- Reviews all project documents including construction plans and specifications for bid approval requirements and grant eligibility
- Reviews project change orders
- Issues project approval to bid letters
- Develops and implements School Construction Standards and Guidelines
- Reviews school construction cost estimates