DAS Asset Management
Works with customer agencies to record, track, and dispose of physical assets and equipment throughout their useful life cycle. Services includes:
- Entering financial data into the state’s CORE reporting system
- Tagging of physical assets
- Performing annual physical inventory
- Reconciling results of perpetual inventory records
- Reporting fiscal findings to the Office of the State Comptroller
- Disposal of unneeded agency owned equipment and items, commonly referred to as surplus
- Claiming of needed items on the state surplus system
The DAS Business Office's Asset Management unit adheres to the surplus policies provided by DAS Procurement's State Surplus Program; it is not in control of these programs or procedures. The unit only acts as liaison between DAS Business Office's customer agencies and the surplus program by providing full surplus services. All other non-customer agencies can find information about the surplus process on DAS Procurement's Surplus Information Page and should contact their own liaison.
Item Disposal Request Guide - Customer agencies with unwanted state owned items please follow this link to get the disposal process started (surplus, scrap, assets or otherwise).