Are hotels and private residential rentals allowed to operate during this emergency?
As of spring, 2021, hotels and places of lodging are allowed to reopen as long as they adhere to strict COVID-19 safety guidelines for the protection of staff and guests.
These requirements include:
- A thorough cleaning plan to minimize the threat of infection
- Staggered work shifts to promote limited contact between employees
- Logging of employees and guests to support contact tracing
- Limited interaction with visitors and service providers on-site. This includes:
• Shipping and deliveries in designated areas only.
• Concierge services by phone only.
• Room service deliveries shall be bagged and left at door. Room service should be provided with disposable dishes and cutlery. Room service cart should be cleaned before and after every use.
• Employees prohibited from entering guest rooms while guest is present (e.g., no in-room bellhop delivery).
• Recommended Passive Decontamination of 24 hours after a guest has checked out.
To learn the full list of reopening rules and guidelines, visit the official sector rules for hotels and lodging.