Press Releases - July 20, 2018
On Health Insurance Rate Filings for 2019
“The Connecticut Insurance Department has received 14 rate filings from 10 health insurers for plans that will be marketed in the individual and small group market, both on and off the state-sponsored exchange, Access Health CT. On average, the proposed increases are lower than last year, but rising medical costs continue to be the key drivers of health insurance premium rate increase requests.
“Of concern, however, is the ongoing uncertainty in Washington that threatens to destabilize the health insurance markets, particularly for individuals. The Department is pressing for clarity and guidance from the federal government so that we can finalize the rates for 2019.”
Click here for: Rate Chart and Rate Filings
- Ask a question or file a complaint online
- Call the Consumer Helpline at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900.
- Sign up for e-alerts to get the latest news, warnings and rate changes that may affect your premium
- Download consumer FAQs on health, homeowner and auto coverage
- Use the Department’s Speakers Bureau for public events.
- Visit our Web site and follow the Department on Facebook, Twitter or YouTube