Sexual Harassment Prevention Resources
Among other changes to the CHRO process, this legislation establishes new rules and requirements regarding sexual harassment training and education. These provisions and requirements go into effect October 1, 2019. The language, which applies to employers which have three or more employees , includes:
- Employers will be required to provide to a new employee a copy of information regarding the illegality of sexual harassment and remedies available to victims.
- Employers must provide all existing employees with two hours of training by October 1, 2020.
- Employers must provide two hours of training and education to new employees hired on or after October 1, 2019 within six months of their start date.
- Employers with fewer than three employees must provide two hours of training and education to all existing supervisory employees by October 1, 2020 or within six months to new supervisory employees.
- Employers must provide periodic supplemental training not less than every ten years.
The Time’s Up Act requires the CHRO to post information concerning sexual harassment and remedies available. This information is available below:
Online Training Course
The Time's Up Act requires the agency to develop an online training and education video and to make that available to employers at no cost.
The training can be viewed here. The video training segments can be found under the "Materials" tab on the right. The tests can be found on the left. If you have issues playing or accessing the training course, please email the Commission and we will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
NOTE: Issues related to the issuance of certificates of completion have been resolved. If you would like a certificate and have not received one, please use the CHRO Training Certificate Request Form here.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training FAQs (English)
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Training FAQs (Spanish)
- CHRO Sexual Harassment Written Materials (English)
- CHRO Sexual Harassment Written Materials (Spanish)