The giants in sports media have a huge footprint in Connecticut. Pioneers in digital animation are pushing the creative envelope here. A whole network of production companies and technical support services is growing up around them.
- Over 1,200 digital media-related businesses employed over 16,000 workers in Connecticut in 2015. (Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc. 2016)
- State exports from the digital media industry were over $7 billion in 2015 and represented almost 3% of all state exports. (Economic Modeling Specialists Inc.; CERC calculations)
- Connecticut ranks 6th on Milken Institute’s Technology and Science Index (2016). The index tracks and evaluates every state’s tech and science capabilities, and their success at converting those assets into companies and high-paying jobs. (Connecticut Economic Review, 2017)
- 05/25/2018 Gov. Malloy Announces Media Companies ITV America and Wheelhouse Entertainment Establishing Operations in Connecticut, Creating Hundreds of New Jobs
- 08/10/2017 With New Season, NBC Sports Aims to Grow Premier League Audience
- 05/27/2017 Blue Sky Studios at 30: Moving beyond 'Ice Age'
- 05/24/2017 NBC Sports Acquires Rights to Rugby World Cups
- 05/17/2017 Greenwich Film Festival Turns Its Lens On Connecticut
- Charter Communications
- NBC Sports Group
- Blue Sky Studios
- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc
- YES Network