When your product has to meet the toughest tolerances with the highest consistency, build it in the state with a track record of success. From jet engines to nuclear submarines, Connecticut workers have created some of industry's most complex technologies. They've not only mastered the new tools of advanced manufacturing, they know how to innovate with them.
- Approximately 4,500 manufacturers employ over 154,700 private sector employees in Connecticut. (Connecticut Department of Labor, 2017)
- Connecticut aerospace exports were $5.9 billion, accounting for 41% of all exports from the state, in 2016. (The Connecticut Economic Digest, Vol. 22, No.4)
- Connecticut manufacturers exported $14.4 billion in goods throughout the world in 2016. (The Connecticut Economic Digest, 2017)
- Total state manufacturing output was $27 billion in 2014. (U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, June 2015)
- 05/31/2018 Gov. Malloy Announces Magnetic Technologies to Relocate to Connecticut from Massachusetts
- 05/01/2018 Gov. Malloy Announces Historic Long-Term Partnership with General Dynamics Electric Boat
- 01/17/2018 Gov. Malloy: Manufacturing Innovation Fund Annual Report Shows Long-Term Benefits for State’s Economy
- 07/15/2017 Electric Boat 'Hiring Frenzy' Gives Economic Boost To Southeastern Connecticut
- 06/30/2017 Boom years return to Electric Boat
- General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Lex Products Corporation
- Microboard Processing Inc.
- Pratt & Whitney