CHOICES (Connecticut’s program for Health insurance assistance, Outreach, Information and referral, Counseling, Eligibility Screening)
- Is a cooperative program of the State of Connecticut Department on Aging and Disability Services, the Area Agencies on Aging and the Center for Medicare Advocacy, Inc.
- Is funded by the Administration for Community Living, US Department of Health and Human Services and the Administration on Aging through the Older Americans Act.
- Produces several guides in regards to Medicare, Medigap and other topics of interest to assist older adults in Connecticut.
- Is comprised of staff and in-kind professionals from local service agencies, and volunteers.
- Medicare Supplement
- Medicare Advantage
- Medicare Prescription Drug Plans
- Medicare Savings Program
- Extra Help/Low Income Subsidy
- Medicare Preventive Services
Outreach presentations are conducted throughout the state of CT. To attend, request, or schedule a presentation in your area, call 1-800-994-9422. You may also contact your local CHOICES Regional Coordinator. Outreach may include:
- Presentations: New to Medicare, Medicare Bootcamp, & CHOICES/SHIP
- MIPPA eligibility screening & application assistance
- Medicare Open Enrollment events
- Booths at local senior & health fairs
Information and referrals to appropriate agencies which enables individuals to access needed services such as:
- Adult Day Care
- Financial Assistance
- Nursing Home
- Respite Care
Eligibility Screenings** and application assistance for federal and state benefit programs including:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicaid and Medicaid Waivers
- Energy Assistance
- Caregiver Program
- CT Home Care Program for Elders