Connecticut State Police Patch STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Public Safety
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457
February 1, 2011
State Police Investigate Officer-Involved Shooting

The State Police Major Crime Squad is investigating an officer-involved shooting that took place in Glastonbury on 01/31/11.  A suspect in a narcotics investigation was injured and a State Trooper was struck by the suspect’s vehicle.  The shooting was reported at 1 p.m. on Monday, January 31, 2011.  The incident took place on Weir Street in Glastonbury.

Undercover officers and troopers were on an undercover narcotics investigation and were following a suspect in a motor vehicle.  The suspect motor vehicle entered a private driveway, where a snow plow was occupying the driveway.

A State Trooper and a Middletown Officer (on duty with the Statewide Narcotics Task Force) exited the police vehicle and identified themselves as law enforcement officers.   The suspect ignored the trooper and officer, and attempted to exit the driveway in his vehicle striking the Trooper with his vehicle.  The officer, fearing for his life, discharged his service weapon striking the suspect.

The suspect was injured and transported via ambulance to Hartford Hospital for treatment.  The suspect was treated and released.

The Trooper struck by the suspect’s motor vehicle at the scene was also transported via ambulance to Hartford Hospital for non-life-threatening injuries. The Trooper injured is identified as Trooper First Class Michael Kudish a 12 year veteran of the State Police Department.  The Middletown Officer involved in the shooting is identified as Officer Brian Hubbs a 6 year veteran officer of the Middletown P.D. 

ARRESTED:  HARALAMBOUS, Christopher     DOB: 12/28/87

           77 WEIR ST

           Glastonbury, Ct.

CHARGES:    Assault with a motor vehicle

           Reckless endangerment 1st

           Assault on Peace Officer

             The accused has been charged and is being held on $25.000 bond.  He will be arraigned in Hartford Superior Court on 02/1/11

The investigation is continuing.


Lt. J. Paul Vance