Connecticut State Police Patch STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Public Safety
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457
March 27, 2008

                                               STATE POLICE INVESTIGATE DEATH OF TWO PEOPLE 



   On Wednesday, 03/26/08, at approximately 7 p.m. the State Police at Troop-L in Litchfield received a 911 call reporting the discovery of 2 deceased people inside of  a single family home located on George Washington Turnpike in Burlington, CT. The caller was a relative who was at the home checking on the well being of the residents of that home when he made the discovery.

   The Burlington Resident State Trooper and State Troopers from Troop-L responded to the scene.  Upon entry into the home Troopers did discover and confirm a deceased female and male inside the residence.

   The residence was secured as a crime scene and State Police Central District Major Crime Detectives were assigned to respond to this scene to initiate an investigation into the deaths.  The initial examination of the scene did not disclose any external involvement in the death of these two people.  The residence was secure and physical evidence at the scene indicated no evidence of any other involved persons.

   A post mortem examination was be conducted by the Office of the Chief States Medical Examiner on Thursday 03/27/2008 to determine the manner and cause of death of both deceased subjects.

    The results of that post mortem examination is as follows:

deceased- Alexander REYOR   age 78  

                 caused of death-  blunt force trauma

                 manner of death- murder

deceased- Cheryl REYOR   age 52

                 caused of death- pending further analysis

                 manner of death- undetermined;

                                             until the above mentioned analysis is complete  

   Based on the investigation conducted by the State Police Detectives at the scene in addition to information subsequently gathered and the results of the Post Mortem Examination, Detectives have concluded that no outside forces took part in these deaths. There is no reason for the public to be concerned for their safety in this community as a result of this incident. 

   This incident remains under investigation by the Connecticut State Police only for the purposes of recording the final results of the analysis by the Office of the Chief State Medical Examiner when it become available in several weeks.