Search Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection Filtered Topic Search
Connecticut State Police Patch STATE OF CONNECTICUT
Department of Public Safety
1111 Country Club Road
Middletown, Connecticut 06457
July 29, 2009




      On 07/29/2009 shortly after 4:00 p.m. Connecticut State Police Troop-C was contacted by Northern Correction Institution officials who reported that there was an inmate in very serious condition at the prison and was not expected to survive.  Prison officials reported that that emergency care was being provided and that the prisoner was being immediately transported by ambulance to Johnson Memorial Hospital.

           State Troopers responded to the prison to secure the scene and initiate a criminal investigation. State Police Major Crime Detectives from the Eastern District Major Crime Squad responded to the scene to conduct the investigation into this incident.

           Preliminary investigation revealed that there were two inmates who shared a cell. At approximately 3:30 p.m., one occupant of the cell Inmate Jose Jusino  DOB: 02/20/87 reported to corrections officers that there appeared to be a problem with his cell mate Reynaldo Robles DOB: 09/18/1986 and that he may need medical attention. 

          Department of Corrections Officers entered the cell and located inmate ROBLES unresponsive on the bottom bunk.  ROBLES was provided emergency care and was transported by ambulance to Johnson Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.                                     

           State Police Major Crime Detectives processed the crime scene,  gathered physical and forensic evidence. Detectives interviewed witnesses and are being assisted in this investigation by corrections officials.

           The deceased is identified as REYNALDO ROBLES DOB; 9/18/86 of Bridgeport and he was incarcerated for Violation of Probation. 

            The office of the Chief States Medical Examinerconducted a post mortem examination of the deceased today 07/29/09.  The death has been ruled a homicide. The cause of death was asphyxia due to neck compression. 

This case remains under investigation.     


LT. J. Paul Vance