Training for EPPI Exercise
If you are a municipal, state, or private sector official, employee, or volunteer who is planning to participate in the Statewide EPPI exercise, here are some recommended web-based independent study courses to help you prepare as well as in-person courses.
These courses are produced by the FEMA Emergency Management Institute's Independent Study Program as well as the DEMHS Operations, training and Exercise Unit.
DEMHS Operations, Training and Exercise Unit Courses:
CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING, VERSION 1.0 (CSAT, v1.0): The Connecticut Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security (CT DEMHS) is pleased to offer the inaugural CSAT, v1.0 to regional partners. This course will focus on individual Cybersecurity Hygiene, organizational Preparedness for Cybersecurity Events, and coincides with current, Cybersecurity efforts. The duration of this training is 4 hours and seating is limited to 35 seats per CT DEMHS Region. Intended audience: local/municipal leadership, department heads & staff; Emergency Management Directors (EMDs); Information Technology (IT) representatives; Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs); Law Enforcement personnel; Emergency Response personnel; Registrar of Voters; School Administrators; Town Clerks; and Public Library staff.
- CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING, VERSION 1.0 (CSAT, v1.0: https://events.eventzilla.net/e/cybersecurity-awareness-training-2138761879.
- Date: THR, 24OCT19 (0830-1230), Location: Watertown Fire Department, 3rd floor, Large Training Room (935 Main St., Watertown, CT 06795)
- CYBERSECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING, VERSION 1.0 (CSAT, v1.0): https://events.eventzilla.net/e/cybersecurity-awareness-training-2138761865.
- Date: WED, 30OCT19 (0830-1230), Location: Town of Colchester Fire Department, Training Room (52 Old Hartford Rd, Colchester, CT 06415)
FEMA Independent Study Courses:
DEMHS recommends taking IS-100b, 200, 201 and 701a, at a minimum.
- IS-100.b - (ICS 100) Introduction to Incident Command System
- IS-100.FDA Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Food and Drug Administration
- IS-100.HCb Introduction to the Incident Command System for Healthcare/Hospitals
- IS-100.HE Introduction to the Incident Command System for Higher Education
- IS-100.FWa Introduction to the Incident Command System for Federal Workers
- IS-100.LEb Introduction to the Incident Command System for Law Enforcement
- IS-100.PWb Introduction to the Incident Command System for Public Works Personnel
- IS-100.SCa Introduction to the Incident Command System for Schools
- IS-200.b (ICS 200) ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-200.HCa Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-701.a NIMS Multiagency Coordination System (MACS) Course
- IS-702.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) Public Information Systems
- IS-703.a NIMS Resource Management Course
- IS-704 NIMS Communications and Information Management
- IS-706 NIMS Intrastate Mutual Aid - An Introduction
- IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction