Digital Asset Management Library
The Connecticut Office of Tourism has an online photo library (Digital Asset Management System) that you can view to select images for your use. The web address is https://ctvisit.photoshelter.com.
Since the vast majority of our library images are obtained through contracts with private photographers, there are certain restrictions placed upon their usage:
- Images can be used in support of marketing Connecticut as a vacation destination
- Images can be requested by the press for one time use, in support of marketing Connecticut as a vacation destination
- Image can be requested by Connecticut’s tourism industry partners to promote Connecticut by other Connecticut State Agencies, Connecticut towns, or Connecticut non-profit organizations
- Images when used are to be credited to “courtesy: Connecticut Office of Tourism”.
Our usage rights prohibit their distribution to:
- For profit entities
- For use on any for profit websites that derive revenue from advertising
- Personal websites that don’t have a direct connection to marketing Connecticut as a vacation destination.
Create Your User Account
If you meet the above usage criteria, and would like to select images for your use, you can request images by creating a site user account:
- Once on https://ctvisit.photoshelter.com, click on the “Account Signup” menu item at the top of the page
- Once on the Sign up page, fill out the form and be sure to double check the email address you provide. When finished click the sign up button
- After your has submitted you sign up form, an email will be sent to the address you provided to activate your account for use
- Once activated, go back to https://ctvisit.photoshelter.com and click the “Login” menu item, type in your email address and your password and log in.
Request Images for Your Use
To submit requests for single images for your use:
- After logging in, go to Galleries at the top of the page and then look for images you would like to use. There is also a search in the top main menu that you can use as well.
- Click on an image you would like then click the download symbol at the bottom of the page.
- A pop up will appear and then click the “Contact Us” link, fill out the form and click the send button
- The library administrator will receive an email with the image you are requesting and administrator will send a system email back to you with a link where you can download these images.
- Repeat the selection process for each image you would like to use.
To submit requests for multiple selected images for your use with one request:
If you do decide to request multiple images, an easier way to select multiple images is to add them to a lightbox.
- To do this once you have created your account, when you select/click on an image, click on the Star icon at the bottom of the screen. This will add the image to a lightbox.
- For the first image the system will ask you to name your lightbox, but after the first image every other image you click the star for will be added to your current lightbox.
- When you have completed your selections, click on the Lightboxes in the upper menu.
- Once you are at your lightbox, click the green share button.
- Then just add in email of Robert.Damroth@ct.gov then click the share lightbox button.
- This will alert our administrator that a request for multiple images has been submitted.
- After a review of your selections, we can then change the permissions for your lightbox image selections, so that the images within your lightbox are able to be downloaded.
If you have any questions, please contact Rob Damroth at Robert.Damroth@ct.gov.