It’s that time of year. Hotdogs, hamburgers, and fireworks. But make sure safety is also on the menu.
DAS and the State Fire Marshal’s Office along with the Connecticut State Police remind everyone that firework safety should be on everyone’s mind.
- CT state law prohibits the use of fireworks except for sparkers and fountains
- 1000s of injuries occur each year from fireworks
- The Fourth of July is the busiest day of the year for firework injuries
- Residents must be 16 years or older to use sparklers and fountains
- Keep it legal. Keep it safe. Leave the fireworks to the professionals
Yale New Haven Health’s Bridgeport Hospital, the CT State Police, and DAS Connecticut’s Statewide Youth Fire Setter Intervention Committee have this Public Service Announcement for everyone to view.
Have a safe Fourth of July holiday.