News and Press
- 4/10/2018 Gov. Malloy: State's Results on National Assessment Shows Reduction in Some Achievement Gaps Since 2011
- 4/9/2018 Gov. Malloy Announces Increase in Graduation Rates for Seventh Consecutive Year
- 2/22/2018 CSDE Regional School Choice Office Announces 2018-19 Lottery Application Deadline
- 2/9/2018 More students demonstrate college and career readiness
- 1/30/2018 Jeffrey Wihbey Appointed as New Superintendent of CT Technical Education and Career System
Commissioner Dianna R. Wentzell
The Connecticut State Department of Education is the administrative arm of the Connecticut State Board of Education. Through leadership, curriculum, research, planning, evaluation, assessment, data analyses and other assistance, the Department helps to ensure equal opportunity and excellence in education for all Connecticut students. The Department is responsible for distributing funds to the state's 166 school districts. The Department also operates the Connecticut Technical High School System.