Tips for Applying
The NOFA for CIF Round 2 is scheduled to be posted on November 1, 2022. The application period will close on Friday January 6, 2023. The portal is now closed.
These helpful tips can help you meet the deadline:
1. Start early: Start the application process as soon as possible. It’s the best way to collect all the information and documentation you need, write answers, accurately complete the application form, and meet the deadline.
2. Make a plan: Spell out the work that needs to be done, determine who is responsible for what, and monitor progress. Be sure to prioritize items that may take weeks to obtain!
3. Download: Download the items in the right-hand column, read them, and take notes. They describe the program and the information you’ll need to provide when you apply.
4. Attend training: Sign up for one of our webinars to better understand the grant, its requirements, and how to submit your application.
5. Ask questions: We’ll have time to answer some questions during the webinars. You can also schedule a 30-minute virtual meeting with us or send us questions.
6. Be prepared: Compile your answers and documentation early so that you can copy them into the online application form. We encourage you to provide concise, specific, and easy-to-understand responses.
7. Be thorough: Complete your application early and take time to review it. Make sure your answers are complete and accurate, and all required documents are attached.
8. Finish early: We encourage you to complete and submit your application “early” to smooth the process.