Preview State Vehicles
By law, vehicles are held for 14 days prior to going to public auction (giving state agencies and municipalities the opportunity to purchase the vehicle). Once this time period has elapsed, surplus state vehicles will be made available to the public via an online auction. The vehicle auctions begin and end on Wednesdays at 6:00pm.
To preview vehicles coming up in future auctions:
- Go to the Auction Preview Page
- Search for listings in Hartford, CT for more details.
Bid on State of CT Surplus Vehicles
Once you find a vehicle you are interested in bidding on, you must be registered to submit a bid.
- Go to the Property Room Registration Page
- Fill out all of the information and confirm registration.
- Log-in to start bidding.
To view State Vehicles available for auction:
Go to the Property Room Municipal Vehicle page. This will bring up all the state vehicles that are for sale, as well as vehicles from other Connecticut government agencies (city/town vehicles).
To see the vehicles in person, you must go to:
Corona’s Auto Parts & Towing
608 Wethersfield Ave
Hartford, CT 06114
Viewing days/hours are: Monday – Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm
Please Note: you cannot drive the vehicle(s) while it is out for bid, but you may have the Corona’s staff start it for you, you may check the oil and other fluids, and you may look at the engine and inside the vehicle.
Be sure you are logged in and follow the website instructions to place your bid.
Please be sure you are looking at a State of Connecticut vehicle, if that is what you want, before you start bidding.
Winning an Auction:
- If you are the winning bidder, you will receive a notification from the Property Room informing you that you are the auction winner and confirming the vehicle you have won. Read that notification carefully.
- Payment for the vehicle must be made at that time.
- Once you make payment you will receive a notification saying your payment has been received.
- You cannot pick up your vehicle until you receive another notification that your payment has cleared.
- Once you receive a notification that your payment has cleared, you must contact Corona’s Auto Parts and Towing to schedule the pickup.
- You will be required to bring all of your paperwork (Bill of Sale/Receipt and Dealers License, if needed), Identification, and gate fee of $30 to your assigned pickup date and time. Important note: If you are sending someone else to pick up your vehicle (including a shipping company), you must call Corona’s Auto Parts and Towing to inform them of who will be picking up the vehicle, and you must send a notarized letter of authorization that the individual picking up the vehicle must have with him/her upon pickup.
- Upon receipt of the complete paperwork (Bill of Sale/Receipt Verification, completed Title), the title, keys and the vehicle will be given to you.
- Vehicles not picked up within three (3) days of payment are subject to storage fees of $25 per business day. Vehicles not paid for within 10 days are forfeited