Register with Public Surplus in order to bid:
- Go to the Public Surplus Registration Page
- Fill out all of the information and confirm registration.
- Log-in to start bidding.
View and Bid on State Surplus Property:
- Log in to Public Surplus
- In the ‘Browse auctions within area’ section, Select Region = ‘Connecticut’
- Then, Select Agency = ‘State of Connecticut’
- Then press the hyperlink for ‘View All Auctions for State of Connecticut’
- Start bidding!
Win an Auction:
- If you are the highest bidder, you will receive a notification from the vendor informing you that you are the auction winner and confirming the auction you have won.
- You must make payment for your auction within 5 days.
- Once you make payment you are responsible for contacting the agency contact listed on your auction to make pickup arrangements.
- Pickups must be scheduled within 5 business days of payment being made. If you do not show up for your pickup appointment and do not call to reschedule before that, you will forfeit your auction.
- When you pickup, bring your receipt and ID at your assigned pickup date and time. Important Note: If you are sending someone else to pick up your auction (including a shipping company), you must email the auction contact a letter of authorization, with the name of the individual/shipping company.
- You may inspect the item before signing the pickup receipt.
- If you decide to keep the item, please sign the receipt and your ID will be scanned with your receipt for our records.
- If you choose not to take the item, please write a note on the receipt stating why you do not want it, and whether or not you would like a refund.
- Refunds are processed back to the original form of payment and may take a few days to show up.
- There are no returns for items. The property sold in these auctions are “as is” condition and “where is”, without any warranties or guarantees.
- Auctions paid for but not picked up within 5 business days are subject to a daily storage fee of $50 per day. Once storage fees equal the amount of the sales price, the item will be re-sold. In the event of a re-sale, the buyer will not be refunded their purchase price or storage fees.