When your product has to meet the toughest tolerances with the highest consistency, build it in the state with a track record of success. From jet engines to nuclear submarines, Connecticut workers have created some of industry's most complex technologies. They've not only mastered the new tools of advanced manufacturing, they know how to innovate with them.
- Approximately 4,500 manufacturers employ over 154,700 private sector employees in Connecticut. (Connecticut Department of Labor, 2017)
- Connecticut aerospace exports were $5.9 billion, accounting for 41% of all exports from the state, in 2016. (The Connecticut Economic Digest, Vol. 22, No.4)
- Connecticut manufacturers exported $14.4 billion in goods throughout the world in 2016. (The Connecticut Economic Digest, 2017)
- Total state manufacturing output was $27 billion in 2014. (U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, June 2015)
- 07/16/2017 Electric Boat 'Hiring Frenzy' Gives Economic Boost To Southeastern Connecticut
- 07/01/2017 Boom years return to Electric Boat
- 06/02/2017 UTRC Unveils $60M Expanded "Innovation Hub" and Announces Additional $115M for New Research Facilities
- 12/12/2016 Gov. Malloy and Congressman Courtney Announce Creation of Innovative Apprenticeship Program at Electric Boat
- 11/08/2016 Making It - Advanced Technology In Connecticut
- 09/20/2016 Malloy, Lockheed Martin Reach Deal To Keep Sikorsky HQ In Connecticut
- General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Lex Products Corporation
- Microboard Processing Inc.
- Pratt & Whitney
- Covidien Ltd