Working to Provide Connecticut a World-Class Workforce Pipeline
On October 8th the CT Governor’s Workforce Council voted and approved the state’s strategic plan on workforce development. Click here to read the report.
If you would like to provide comments or feedback on the plan, please reach out to this email address.
Build a dynamic workforce through a system of regional sector partnerships that integrate businesses needs with supporting parties.
• Create a system of regional sector partnerships across the state
• Develop a credential registry system
• Promote a skills-based hiring and training system
• Retain Connecticut’s college graduates
• Improve alignment of regional workforce board activities with state workforce board strategies
Workforce Participation: Equity & Access
Reduce the barriers that have limited access to training, sustainable work, and high-quality career opportunities.
• Expand capacity of childcare system to support the sustainability of work
• Reduce transportation barriers that undermine sustained workforce participation
• Expand access to behavioral health services that allow individuals to lead healthy, productive careers
• Reduce the adverse effects of benefit cliffs
Help students explore and enter educational programs that are aligned with in-demand career pathways.
• Align high school and postsecondary educational programs with in-demand career pathways
• Increase readiness to in-demand careers through sector-focused education and training and more robust computer science curricula
• Support student success through comprehensive academic and career advising
• Increase postsecondary access through increased dual enrollment opportunities, more flexible articulation agreements, and enhanced FAFSA support services
• Redesign adult education system to improve outcomes
• Enhance the supply of effective teachers through rigorous digital literacy standards, bolstered teacher professional development, and expanded teacher eligibility
• Develop work-based learning programs supporting target industries
Accountability and Data-Driven Management
Design and implement innovative workforce solutions focused on delivering a comprehensive, intuitive, customer experience.
• Create a dynamic data and performance management infrastructure
• Enhance our digital front-end system that serves job seekers, employers and policymakers
• Improve Connecticut’s longitudinal data system used for analyzing educational and workforce outcomes